Journal, lists, links, philosophy, but mostly just good stuff I have found on the web


About Me

My photo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Focused Attention



This may be the wrong title.

While engaged in a snit with my spouse over who controls my agenda when I am home (see posting from 6/13), I would just sit in a chair without speaking or moving for long periods of time. [This was a pissy way of demonstrating that I could / would do nothing without her say-so. It drove the point home.]

I discovered, however, that sitting still and doing nothing really, really focuses my attention. I guess when my brain cells aren't being used for voluntary motion they are readily available for other tasks…mental tasks. Focused attention. Focused meditation.

Wonderful!

No comments:

Blog Archive